Monday, June 16, 2008

Warrock Signature Tutorial

Hello, and welcome to the first tutorial on my blog. Here it goes.
Recources:
C4d
Render
Abstract brushes
Leaf brushes
Grunge brushes
Note: The brushes I linked to aren't the ones i used, because they were from a while back and have been deleted. I may upload them sometime though.

Step 1.
Open your render in a new layer. Keep it unscaled, and smudge it with the vines brush on 1.0 spacing, and other settings all kept at default. You should have something like this:

Step 2.
Now reopen your render in a new layer and you should have something like this.

Step 3.
Next make a new layer, and take some leaf brushes from deviant art, and brush in white around the sides of the image, surrounding the focal Layer mode should be at normal, 80% opacity. You should have something like this.

Step 4. (optional)
Next I took some abstract brushes from deviant art and did the same thing as step 3 with them on a new layer, i set the layer mode to overlay 100% opacity. Just to add effect.

Step 5.
Copy visible and paste in new layer. Smudge with the leaf brushes. Set the layer mode to soft light, erase over the focal. This should enhance the quality and color of the background.

Step 6.
I just used some grunge brushes around the focal like before.


Step 7.
Now take any brush, I am using the default Diagonal Star (25) brush for this. Open a new layer and brush them in around the focal (in any color). Now go to Layers->transparency->alpha to selection. Hide the brushing layer, and copy visible/paste in new layer. Go to select->Invert, and cut the selection. Now use your navigation tool to move the layer around. You should end up with something like this:

Next I scaled the leaf brushes to 3.43 and drew a few times in black around the focal. I hid this layer, and copy visible/pasted in new layer. Displaced the copy visible layer by the new leaf layer, set the layer to darken only 100% and erased over the focal.

Next I did gradient map, copy visible and paste into new layer duplicate twice. on the top one do a black to white grad map set on color at 52% opacity.
Then I did a german flag smooth one to color 20%
Finally i made a new layer, filled it with green, and set to color at 10%.

Then I just added a border.
And you're done :)

Then I did a purple to orange gradient map. 16% color.

No comments: